Partner in the field of innovative measurement technology
For nearly 100 years the name UNION Instruments stands for high-performance measurement technology, outstanding accuracy of measurement, quality and maximum security.
UNION Instruments GmbH is a Germany based manufacturer of devices and systems in gas measurement technology with a global approach, e.g.
- Calorimeter CWD determine the calorific characteristics of combustion gases like heating and calorific value, Wobbe index, air requirement in sewage plants or in glass and ceramic industry
- Multi-Gasanalyzers INCA serve for continuous determination of components in natural and bio-gases
- Pressure and temperature measuring devices DPK / ESS serves for measurement of gas and water pressure in supply networks
- Service, Engineering and customized solutions
The company headquarters are in Karlsruhe and Lübeck. In both locations, departments for development and production are active; the focus in Karlsruhe is on devices for calorimetry, in Lübeck for gas analyzers.
Sales activities in many countries indicate UNION Instruments' extensive and ever increasing presence on the markets. The related services are assumed by authorized distributors - by now all over the world.
Our company is certified as follows:
- Certificate regarding the use of a Quality Management System which conforms to the requirements of DIN EN ISO 9001:2015 applicable to Design and development, manufacturing and sales of electronical and mechanical measuring equipment. ISO_9001_Certificate_2017-08-30_EN.pdf
- EG-Certificate with regard to maintaining a quality system which fulfils the requirements of Annex VII of Council Direction 94/9/EC for Equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres (ATEX). ATEX_EC_Certificate_2017_EN.PDF
- Safety with System ("Sicher mit System") regarding the Requirements of systematic and effective occupational safety in accordance with the industry-specific implementation of the NLF / ILO-OSH 2001 the professional association of wood and metal. SmS__1055_Certificate_2015-12-15_EN.pdf
Modular and flexible
Our instrument engineering is built strictly modular and with special suitability for user-specific demands. The key advantage i: If demands change because of improvement or increasing plant size the modular design allows extension or modification at any time.
We measure gases
We are specialized in determining calorific value (calorimetry) and composition (analysis) of almost all gases in industries.
We offer not only flexible configurable single devices, but also perfect complete solutions (systems) to our partners. The peculiarity of this solution is the integration of diverse measurement technologies in one user-specific complete system.
The customized offer implies all steps: From advising and planning through engineering and assembly to commissioning on-site.
Present in many industrial sectors
CWD- devices are traditionally used in the steel production with furnace and coke-oven gas and in the natural gas industry where they evaluate the provided gas / energy volumes - including custody transfer measurements. By the increasing use of quite different combustion gases, more industries have developed a need for our devices over the last years, mainly biogas producers, sewage system operators and the chemical industry.
Our INCA-analyzers are used in the process industry, including custody transfer measurements as well. Examples are analysis of natural gas, bio-methane, liquid gas, blast furnace gas, coke oven gas, mixed gases as well as incombustible gases of all kinds.
Customers for devices of the ESS III system are producers and operators of supply networks for gas and water. Due to the increasing shortage of resources, the detection of leaks has become an economically more and more important task.